This jacket is a Hollywood legend. Originally created in 1985, this unique vintage flight jacket starred in the iconic "Top Gun" movie. Crafted from specially prepared vegetable tanned goatskin, the jacket is hand cut, sewn and aged to perfection. Based on early 60s specifications, the jacket features a light russet colored antiqued mouton collar, knitted waist- band and cuffs, one interior snap close pocket, two outside button patch pockets. For added authenticity, the leather and the insignia patches have been treated with a special vintage treatment, giving it a worn in patina. The jacket stays true to its original 60s snug sizing, so ordering one size larger is recommended for a looser fit. Decorated with all 17 patches and the USN Anchor pin, the aviation jacket conforms to the movie original and is an unsurpassed piece of naval and movie history.
This is the exact copy of the one Tom Cruise wore in the movie Top Gun. This jacket is made of 100% antiqued Goatskin and has a bi-swing back, wool-nylon blend knit cuffs and waistband, top entry front pockets, Pencil and protractory pocket located under the left flap, squadron patches. This jacket is a classic fit jacket, so if you like looser fit order 1 size up. Proudly made in the U.S.A.
- genuine vintage seal brown goatskin, for a battle worn look
- light russet colored antiqued mouton collar
- bi-swing back for greater mobility
- 17 embroidered patches faithfully reproduced as in the movie
- Navy award pin on pocket flap
- satin lining with boxstitched sewn neck loop
- tapered sleeves with flared knit cuffs and waistband
- top entry front pockets with vintage flap design (no side pockets)
- full zip front over wind flap with USN perforated stamp
- vented underarm gussets
- inside chest pocket